Saturday, March 6, 2010

Texas Sheet Cake

Recipe: (This is exactly how I have it written down, so please forgive me if it is not in proper recipe format)

Mix:
2 c flour
2 c sugar
1/4 t salt

Melt:
2 sticks margerine
1 c boiling water
3 T cocoa

Mix over low heat until well mixed. Add to dry mixture.

Add:
2 eggs
1 t baking soda dissolved in 1/2 c buttermilk
1 t vanilla
1 t cinnamon (I like the cinnamon, so I add a tad more)

Mix well and pour into a sheet pan. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.


Frosting:
1 stick margerine
3 T cocoa
2 T buttermilk

Heat and whisk until combined, then remove from heat.

Add:
1 box powdered sugar (I normally use a little less. I like it to taste a little more buttermilk-y than powdered sugar-y)
1 c nuts (optional, and I NEVER add these!)

Wait for it to cool a little bit, but pour on the cake while the cake is still warm and the frosting is still a little runny.

I hope that you all enjoy this cake as much as my family does! Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment