Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chocolate-Crunched Caramel Tart-Take 2



I am a little more rested now, so hopefully what I am going to say will make sense. Crusts are worrisome to me. I have never felt that I can make a great crust, be it pie, tart, graham cracker, etc. I was grateful that I didn't have to roll out this one, though. It turned out ok but I think that I could have gotten it a little more even in spots.

The caramel was next, and I think I had the heat too high for my sugar. It all turned solid at first and I thought that, for sure, I had ruined it. Well, I waited a little bit longer and it did melt, so I continued. By the time I was done with my ganache, the caramel had become very stiff so I followed the directions and warmed it a little in the microwave. I just knew that I had ruined that part with all of the heat.

The ganache was the easiest part for me. I have gotten pretty good at making it, I think.

I put it all together, let it chill and then ate a piece. It was good! Very, very rich, but good! I think maybe a little less chocolate and a little more caramel with the honey roasted peanuts would have been terrific. I used an eight inch pan, so I think my layers were a little thicker (well, maybe just my ganache layer, the caramel layer seemed like it showed in the picture in the book).

Overall, this was fun! All of the melting and bubbling of making the caramel was a hoot! I will probably do it again when my husband gets home, and maybe when a lot of company comes over so that we don't have to eat the whole thing. Time to go share with the neighbors! Thank you, Carla of Chocolate Moosey, for picking this this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment