Tuesday, September 8, 2009

TWD-Chocolate Souffle



Wow! I was really intimidated this week when Susan, of She’s Becoming DoughMessTic, selected Chocolate Souffle. I have never eaten a souffle before, let alone actually made one. I always thought that they were too difficult to even attempt. I read through the recipe about 15 times before I actually began. I didn't own any ramekins, so I went out and bought some so that I could make individual portions. The actual process of making this was not too difficult. A little melting, a little whisking, and some beating and folding, and then in the oven. About 25 minutes later, I took these amazing little chocolate air mattresses out of the oven. They had risen very nicely and I was very impressed with myself. I read the comments about the souffles and knew to have everything ready to take my pictures as soon as they came out of the oven, but in all reality, they did not deflate too much. As far as the taste was concerned, my husband said that he would love to have more of this. I thought they were good, but could've used some sort of sauce or ice cream. I was expecting them to be more chocoliscious. The chocolate was more subtle for mine. I wonder if this was the case for anyone else.... Anyway, the overall verdict is that I will be making these again, with some tweaks. Thank you so much Susan! BTW, I like your blog name! I think it is very cute and clever! Oh, and to anyone who would like the recipe, please visit Susan's blog.

3 comments:

  1. wow.. a virginal taster and baker all at once. It looks like an immense success. good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, your chocolate souffles look totally amazing! I can't believe they didn't fall after coming out of the oven - what's your secret? =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at the height on those lovely souffles. Great job.

    ReplyDelete