Friday, August 21, 2009

Spinach and Strawberry Salad

2 bunches of spinach, torn into bite-sized pieces
4 cups strawberries, sliced
1/2 c vegetable oil
1/2 c raspberry balsamic or red wine vinegar
1/3 c sugar
1/4 tsp paprika
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 can mandarin oranges, no sugar added
some toasted almonds for sprinkling

In a large bowl, toss together spinach, strawberries and oranges.

In a medium bowl, whisk together all of the rest of the ingredients (except almonds). Pour over the top of the salad, then toss to coat.

Sprinkle the top with the almonds.


*I got this recipe from allrecipes.com, and it was submitted by JerJer. I made a few changes to this recipe, which was what I posted.*

I LOVE this salad! I never thought that strawberries and spinach would go together, but I was so wrong. My kids loved it, along with everyone else I have served this to. My kids say that this tastes like summer. I will (again) add pictures once I make this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment