Tuesday, August 18, 2009

TWD Applesauce Spice Bars


A big thank you to Karen of Something Sweet by Karen who picked Applesauce Spice Bars on pages 117 and118. I never would have tried these had I not been forced to! Anyone who knows me knows that I am a chocoholic at heart, so I wasn't really looking forward to this week. I am not quite reformed by this recipe but am definitely on my way!

I had great success with these bars. I left out the pecans, but only because I simply forgot them at the store. I used the golden raisins instead of the dark ones. The bar itself turned out moist and delicious, but wouldn't have made it into my mouth had it not been for the caramel glaze. Mmmm-mmm! These were yummy!

Here is the link to the website: http://tuesdayswithdorie.wordpress.com and from there you can find the recipe by going to Karen's blog. I am sorry, but the rules say that I cannot post the recipe myself.

1 comment:

  1. They look good. Glad you are slowly being reformed. TWD does that to people. LOL

    ReplyDelete