Tuesday, August 11, 2009

TWD-Brownie Buttons


I was so excited to try the Brownie Buttons this week! Jayma of Two Scientists Experimenting in the Kitchen selected them. I love brownies and I love using my mini muffin pan.

Unfortunately, things didn't turn out as well as I had hoped. I doubled the recipe (because I have family visiting) and halfway through, found out that I didn't have enough brown sugar. I live very far away from a store that would have some, so I just put in what I had of the brown, then added the rest white sugar. First mistake. Big one! I decided to put the orange zest in because others had said they couldn't even taste it. Second big mistake! Ok, to be fair, they probably meant a normal sized orange instead of the huge oranges that I happened to have. Holy cow! The orange flavor completely took away any chocolate flavor. It was so gross. I just can't stand them. My children agree with me, while my mom and her friend think they are good.

Oh well! I am not the type to give up on something easily, so I will be making these again tomorrow night, WITHOUT the orange zest. I will post an update then. I certainly hope that others had more success with this than I did!

3 comments:

  1. Sorry you didn't like the flavor of these brownie buttons! Glad to hear that your mom and her friend got to enjoy them. They look fantastic - the white chocolate glaze looks perfectly glossy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry they didn't turn out well for you! I hope tonight's version turns out better;-) P.S. I'll save a Chipster Brownie for you...its a brownie craze!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry they didn't turn out for you but hey look just fine, and understand not having ingredients and living far away from a store.

    ReplyDelete