Tuesday, August 4, 2009

TWD Classic Banana Bundt Cake



Wow, for my first time baking with the TWD group, this week was a great week to start! Mary of The Food Librarian chose Classic Banana Bundt Cake on page 190, and I am so glad she did. I have never actually made a bundt cake before, so I had to go out and buy the pan first. I was worried when the top of the cake browned quickly, but covered it with foil as suggested and everything turned out perfect.

I did only a slight variation with this: I made a chocolate ganache for the icing. I couldn't wait for the ganache to thicken, so I drizzled it on top while it was still pretty thin. That worked out well, though, because just enough stayed on the cake to get the taste of chocolate, but not overwhelm the banana.

The cake was FANTASTIC! It was so moist! At first, I thought it was too heavy feeling and that it was going to be too dense, but I was sooo wrong. Without even getting through with their first piece, my company had already requested seconds. We ate it while it was still warm with a nice cold glass of milk. Heaven!

If you want the recipe to this one, you'll have to go to The Food Librarian blog and check it out. Part of the rules are to not post the recipe on your site. Sorry friends, but this cake is worth the extra effort!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you this cake is fantastic! Welcome to TWD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Welcome to TWD. It is a great group of bakers. And Soooo creative.

    Your bundt cake looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete